CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. Hire charges – The period of hire commences from date of delivery and terminates on receipt of returned equipment.
2. The hirer is responsible for insurance cover during the whole of the period and accepts responsibility for any loss or damage incurred during this period. Survey Solutions Scotland will assess the extent of any damage not including fair wear and tear
3. The hirer accepts liability for any delivery or collection charges incurred.
4. If equipment fails during hire through no fault of the hirer, Survey Solutions Scotland reserve the right to either repair free of charge or exchange for another instrument of the same type. Survey Solutions Scotland shall be under no liability for any consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
5. Conditions 1-4 above apply also for equipment that is to be taken on hire overseas. If Survey Solutions Scotland is asked to ship equipment overseas, the hire commences from the time the equipment leaves our offices, and the hirer accepts full responsibility for any additional costs, losses or damages in transportation.
6. VAT at appropriate rate payable in addition.
7. In the event of goods being stolen or lost the hire will continue until the insurance company has settled the claim and has made payment to Survey Solutions Scotland.
8. The Equipment should be returned in a clean condition, as collected. If the equipment is returned in an unacceptable condition, there will be a cleaning charge levied of £25.00. This will be agreed at time of collection or return by courier/customer.