Trimble has announced the release of the TDC6, a versatile and easy-to-use data collector for mapping and survey field data collection. This cutting-edge device is designed to enhance surveying and GIS field workflows with its advanced features and rugged construction.
As the successor to the Trimble TDC600 handheld, the robust TDC6 introduces several advancements:
- a lighter and more compact form factor
- a hot-swappable battery
- an upgradable and secure Android™ operating system
- 5G capability
The data collector is ideal for price sensitive customers and provides a scalable tool for larger organisations that can be deployed across a range of applications – from basic GIS and asset data capture to complex on-machine and surveying uses. The TDC6 is both a main unit data collector as well as an enabler accessory for new and more advanced user workflows such as high-accuracy GNSS and robotic total station operation.
The TDC6 connects easily with Trimble GNSS solutions like the Trimble R580 GNSS receiver and Trimble Catalyst™ DA2 system to provide high-accuracy GNSS data for any workflow.
Additionally, pairing the TDC6 with the Trimble EDB10 Data Bridge module facilitates communication between the handheld and Trimble robotic total stations like the Trimble S7 and Trimble S9. TDC6 also supports the Trimble SiteVision™ augmented reality system for accurate real-world visualization of geospatial information.
A convenient magnetic mount accessory enables easy handling and quick swapping between applications – from survey pole to onboard total station bracket to the Trimble Catalyst handle accessory.
Designed to provide optimal performance
TDC6 has been developed to support leading Trimble field software to provide users with optimal performance in their workflows. Trimble’s high performance TDC6 introduces several advancements over the TDC600.
Flexible – Productive Workflows
- Trimble TerraFlex® software for GIS workflows
- Trimble Access™ software for survey workflows
- Trimble Penmap for Android™ for GIS & survey workflows
- Trimble SiteVision™ augmented reality system for visualization of data in real world context
Advanced – High Performance
- Lighter and more compact form factor
- Upgradeable and secure Android operating system
- Larger screen
- More powerful processor and more memory
Cost-Effective – Accessible Data
- Low cost of entry to the Trimble ecosystem
- Economical solution to suit any budget
- Provides a scalable tool for larger organizations that can be deployed across a range of applications – from basic GIS and asset data capture to complex on-machine and surveying uses